Please use this link to upload your photos for the event.
Check In 1400 hours
Advisor Meeting 1430 hours
Explorer Briefing 1445 hours
Dispatching 1500 hours
Marked patrol vehicles can park in the secured police parking lot on the south side of the building, but the advisor will first need to come into the main lobby and be issued an ID Badge to access the parking lot/building. Role players and observers please park in the visitor parking on the south side of the secured lot or along the street, and enter through the main lobby.
NEW THIS YEAR
Last year it took us 30 minutes to get 15 teams dispatched to their first call for service, this year we are going to try something different so your Explorer Post is not standing around for 30 plus minutes, waiting to be dispatched. At the advisor meeting, each advisor/driver will get an envelope with the address and calls notes for their first call inside.
After briefing your Post can grab snacks, go to the bathroom, run or walk to your police car. When you are ready, advise dispatch that they are “in service and en-route” to the first call on the list. Dispatch will know what address and call they are en-route to, so no need to air any additional information until you are arrival.
When you clear your first call, you will be dispatched to the next call in the same way you have been in the past with the dispatchers advising the location and nature of the calls.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Each scenario is 20 minutes.
- Judges and observers will be in a traffic vest, everyone else is in play.
- Please go back into service and then debrief your Explorers to keep things moving.
- Allow the Explorers to direct where you park the police car. This is part of the score in a couple of the scenarios this year.
- Do not assist the Explorers during the scenarios (your team with be disqualified from that scenario if you are seen helping).
- Explorers - NO weapons; this includes knives.
4. Defensive Tactics
5. Shooting Simulator
7. Suspicious Person
8. Traffic Accident
9. Domestic Violence
If you have any questions you can contact either Melinda or Beth.
Officer Melinda Burnett
Det. Beth McNalley