Back in Late 2012, early 2013 LEEPAAC Chair Lt. Tom Wilkes was thinking of ways to expand leadership opportunities for our explorers that have been with our programs for a while. He came to find out; LEEPAAC actually has an explorer post through Learning for Life, Post #2005. This post will now serve as the post for the Explorer Leadership Team. Lt. Wilkes took on the role of heading up the first Explorer Leadership Team to assist at the 2013 LEEPAAC Explorer Conference. The team was very successful, they were tasked with coming up with the grading sheets and scenario for the High Risk Traffic Stop event.
Explorer Post 2005 LEEPAAC Leadership Team 2014
If you have any explorers that meet the following requirements, please strongly encourage them to apply for this position, if they are interested.
- Minimum 18 YOA
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at LEEPAAC Regional Conference
- Preferably currently in a leadership role in Explorer Post
- Completed application including parent signature
- Letter of recommendation from Advisor and teacher or employer
- Able to commit to working as a hosting agency for one competition at the 2014 LEEPAAC Regional conference, and attend planning meetings
- If chosen to attend 2014 National Police Week in Washington DC, able to commit time and $1000 for travel and expenses (or fundraising efforts – opportunities may be provided in the spring to assist)
Explorer Leadership Team Application can be obtained by clicking here. Please view the application for more information.
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2013
Letters of intent and registrations packets, including letters of recommendation’s, are due no later than Wednesday November 6, 2013 LEEPAAC Meeting (no late packets will be considered);
You must be able to make this Oral Board date and time. Oral Boards will be held on Saturday November 9, 2013, beginning at 0900, location to be determined.
Candidates will be announced December 4th, 2013.
If you have any questions please contact LEEPAAC Chair Lt. Tom Wilkes at firstname.lastname@example.org or LEEPAAC Vice-Chair Deputy Ann Walton at AWalton@dcsheriff.net